Washington, Feb 16 (V7N) — The first meeting of the Gaza “Board of Peace” is set to take place this week, with Donald Trump announcing that about $5 billion in pledged donations is expected on the opening day.
In a post on Truth Social, the United States president said the conference will be held in Washington on Thursday, bringing together delegations from more than 20 countries. He did not specify which nations have committed funding but said several countries have also promised to deploy troops to help ensure security in Gaza.
Trump described the planned deployment as potentially “the most effective international force in history.” So far, Indonesia has officially confirmed it will send 8,000 troops by the end of June.
The Gaza “Board of Peace,” formed under Trump’s leadership to work toward ending the conflict, has received approval from the United Nations. Several countries — including Turkey, Egypt, and Indonesia — have confirmed their participation.
END/SMA/AJ
Comment: