STOCKHOLM, April 4, (V7N) – Swedish police on Friday said they have conducted nearly 1,000 interviews as part of their ongoing investigation into the country’s deadliest mass shooting but are still struggling to determine a clear motive.

The tragedy occurred on February 4 when 35-year-old Rickard Andersson opened fire at the Campus Risbergska adult education centre in Örebro, killing 10 people before taking his own life.

Despite the extensive probe, authorities admitted the motive remains unclear. “We are mapping the suspect's life as much as possible to understand him, find his motivation and rule out other perpetrators,” said police operation commander Henrik Dahlström in a statement.

The investigation, now entering its analytical phase, is focusing on the suspect’s finances, digital footprint, and psychological profile. “This is important in order to find a motive or, to the extent possible, be able to find a motive,” Dahlström added.

In late February, police had cautioned that they might never uncover the true reasons behind the attack. They were then focusing on Andersson’s movements in the hours before the shooting.

On Friday, authorities revealed that the suspect had been seen inside the school building at around 10:00 am—about two hours before the rampage began.

Andersson had no prior criminal record and legally owned four firearms under a hunting license, according to police. Though officials have not released the names of the victims, Swedish media and social platforms have identified several with foreign backgrounds, raising anxiety among immigrant communities in the country.

END/WD/RH/