DHAKA, Apr 03 (V7N) — The International Crimes Tribunal (ICT) in Bangladesh has uncovered evidence of a conspiracy aimed at obstructing the trial of the July-August massacre, chief prosecutor Muhammad Tajul Islam said Thursday.
“We have gathered substantial information and identified the masterminds behind this conspiracy,” Islam told BSS, adding that legal action would be taken against those involved.
The prosecution recently received a draft probe report on a case filed against Sheikh Hasina regarding the July-August mass killing, with a formal charge expected once the final report is submitted. Additionally, prosecutors are investigating crimes against humanity, including the Chankharpul shootings on August 5, 2024.
ICT Prosecutor Gazi MH Tamim revealed that over 300 complaints have been filed related to the crackdown on student protests, enforced disappearances, and mass killings over the last 15 years. Among them, 23 cases have been officially filed, leading to arrest warrants for 145 individuals, with around 50 arrests made so far.
END/MSS/RH
Comment: